• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Level II Background Screening and Pre-employment Drug Screens

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sthoward

Florida.
Can or should an employer, in this case, an assisted living facility require applicants to acquire and provide the results of their own Level II background screen and drug screen prior to employment.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

There is no law that I am aware of which says they cannot. Should is a question of internal policy and not a legal issue.

xylene

Florida.
Can or should an employer, in this case, an assisted living facility require applicants to acquire and provide the results of their own Level II background screen and drug screen prior to employment.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Are you with HR or an applicant?

To the applicant: RUN

A nickle and dime outfit like that will mess you up hard core.

Lots of jobs in that field, look for one that isn't operating like a BOZO!

sthoward

Thank you all for your input.
Xylene, I am the HR consultant on the client and agree this client will probably not show up on the "Top 10 Best Places to Work" list anytime soon.

sthoward

Wow Patty, that was pretty harsh, unfortunately I am not a AHCA expert which is where I felt this fell. Obviously you are.

Thanks for your response it was very helpful.

pattytx

It has nothing to do with being an AHCA expert. It has to do with the legality, and the appropriateness, of this action, no matter what the type of job is or who is requiring the testing.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">