• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Longevity pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jatag3

Wage differential based on Union

20 years with company but because I came from a non Union postion to Union after furlough I have to take starting Union pay...meanwhile after merger the company we acquired was never Union still gets pay based on longevity

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
Wage differential based on Union

20 years with company but because I came from a non Union postion to Union after furlough I have to take starting Union pay...meanwhile after merger the company we acquired was never Union still gets pay based on longevity
Is there a question in there somewhere?

You also need to un-delete the question about your location.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is never, ever, ever a requirement in the law that pay be based on longevity. But there is also never, ever, ever a law that prohibits it. And unless Title VII or related laws are being violated, which does not appear to be the case based on the few facts you have provided, there is never, ever, ever a law that says if some employees are paid based on longevity all of them have to be.

I am speaking from experience when I tell you that after a merger, it can take two years or longer before the wages and benefits get smoothed out. It's typical for employees to remain on the policies of their legacy companies until that happens.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">