• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Never Received Pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

elliottc23

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I recently took a job with a sales company that paid a training wage for the first week. Then after the first week paid $250/week base for one month plus commission. This is an in the field sales job (where I drive my own car). I worked the first 3 weeks but there was a week delay on pay. I was supposed to receive a pay check for my training wage ($369) plus one week base pay ($250). When I received my paycheck it was for only $250. After emailing my supervisor, my trainer, and eventually the president I wasn't getting the pay situation resolved in a timely manner. I decided to quit because I couldn't afford to spend my money and time driving around if was not going to get paid.

I am currently owed my training wage ($369) which is back due and as of this friday I am owed 1.5 weeks of base pay ($375). However, missouri has no timeline on when you have to pay final paychecks (which what does that mean? they can pay me in a year?). I am in desperate need of this money, but what options do I have to force the company to pay me (the quicker the better).

I Should also mention that I have some small equipment/print materials/food thermal bags that the company gave me when I worked there. I was not asked to give them back, but I was holding onto them hoping they might be used as leverage for my pay owed.

Thank you to anyone who might be able to help me!

commentator

Contact the Missouri department of labor, wage and hour section, they can give you some better information about how to go about collecting your owed money. I would suggest that you stay in contact with the employer, do not try holding something hostage that you are supposed to give back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">