• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

non paid wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Christine Rowle

California.

I worked for a railroad in northern California and was let go due to financial problems with in the company. I'm still owed wages plus medical bills. I have contacted the company and havent heard anything back. Knowing how the company is ran (I was in Accounting) I want my money and what is owed to me. How do I go about getting paid? Payday was 8/20/08 as you can tell it is 9/2/08.

Thank You,
C.Rowley:mad:

Christine Rowle

unpaid wages

What bothers me the most is the man has been served so many papers ( unpaid Accounts Payable) and doesnt care just throws them on his desk. Then he gets served again. He screws everyone and gets away with it. I just dont want that to happen to me.

las365

Try contacting an attorney in your area who handles Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) cases. The beauty of the FLSA is that if the employer is in the wrong, they must pay your unpaid/underpaid wages, 100% liquidated damages, and your attorney fees and costs. It allows people who have (relatively) small claims to obtain legal representation.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Might I inquire how it is that the company owes you payment of medical bills?

Just askin'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">