• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not receiving hazardous duty pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Laurenlu12lu

I'm working in a hazardous environment a 2 to 3 days out of the week. My co-worker that are permanently stationed in that department receive hazardous duty pay , but I don't , I'm doing the same work but not receiving the same pay because I'm not permanently stationed in that department , even though I'm working in there 2-3 times a week. I feel like my company is trying to loophole the situation by bouncing me back and forth to avoid paying me hazardous duty pay. I need advice, and I'm in the state of Florida, where employers can fire you at will. So I was deflected from asking upper management based on my supervisor's threat that they may fire me .

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm working in a hazardous environment a 2 to 3 days out of the week. My co-worker that are permanently stationed in that department receive hazardous duty pay , but I don't , I'm doing the same work but not receiving the same pay because I'm not permanently stationed in that department , even though I'm working in there 2-3 times a week. I feel like my company is trying to loophole the situation by bouncing me back and forth to avoid paying me hazardous duty pay. I need advice, and I'm in the state of Florida, where employers can fire you at will. So I was deflected from asking upper management based on my supervisor's threat that they may fire me .
What law do you feel entitles you to hazardous duty pay? I'm asking this not to be snarky, rather, I'd really like you to consider the question.

Laurenlu12lu

No offense taken. But isn't it discrimatory if I'm the only one not getting hazardous duty pay, and if they chose to pay hazardous duty pay ( designating the job as hazardous)
to other employees doing the same job, do I not have the right to the same benefit?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
No offense taken. But isn't it discrimatory if I'm the only one not getting hazardous duty pay, and if they chose to pay hazardous duty pay ( designating the job as hazardous)
to other employees doing the same job, do I not have the right to the same benefit?
That's not illegal discrimination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">