• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NSF Payroll Check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mandy27

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Clark County, Las Vegas, Nevada

I was an executive at a Las Vegas company. The last paycheck I received about 8 months ago was returned NSF for over $5k. I never got the check, it was just deposited into my account. The next two months I was not paid. I filed a claim with the labor board for the check and unpaid wages and they awarded me the full amount due including the bad check with penalties. The company is now fighting the labor board in court stating that they don't owe the money. Can I file with the local District Attorneys office for the NSF check asking them to prosecute?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can, in the sense that no law prohibits you from doing so.

However, it's unlikely to do you any good.

Mandy27

You can, in the sense that no law prohibits you from doing so.

However, it's unlikely to do you any good.
I don't understand. Isn't writing a bad check clearly a crime? Doesn't that automatically make it a felony?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">