• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Old Uncashed Paycheck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

debodun

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I work for New York State. Today I was going through my desk at home and found a paycheck I hadn't cashed. It's dated July 31, 2002. I tried contacting the payroll department, but it was too late, everyone had already left for the day. What should I do now?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I work for New York State. Today I was going through my desk at home and found a paycheck I hadn't cashed. It's dated July 31, 2002. I tried contacting the payroll department, but it was too late, everyone had already left for the day. What should I do now?
You can try this:

Information about property escheated to the State of New York may be obtained from the Office of the State Comptroller or by calling from within New York State: 1-800-221-9311 or from outside of New York State: 1-518-270-2200 or by writing the Office of the State Comptroller at the Alfred E. Smith Office Building, Albany, New York 12236.
NYSBD - Enforcement Actions

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The immediate answer that comes to mind is, Try again tomorrow. It's waited close to 8 years; another 24 hours won't matter. Sounded like a no-brainer to me but.....;)

Though I suspect you'll just be referred to Tigi's site, anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">