• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OTE Salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

russell96

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
I work for a retail auto parts store. Iam wanting to find out if a company has the right to change my hourly pay to this ote I had asked my boss what this was he responded with a text message saying. Your store use to much payroll and doesn't sell enough stuff. If I need to give anymore info I will be checking back on my post later on

OHRoadwarrior

From experience, it is customary in retail management for pay levels to be related to store sales volumes. If the store you are in has lost volume, it is logical you would fall into a lower pay tier. I suggest you ask your boss what the pay tiers are set at, or contact HR and ask them. If you are not management, this may be writing on the wall, indicating he does not feel your work is up to par.

swalsh411

As long as the following 3 apply it is legal to reduce your pay rate:

-It does not take you below your state's minimum wage

-You are told in advance of the reduction before working any hours at the new rate

-There is not a CBA or other enforceable agreement that says you must be paid at a higher rate

russell96

I have never heard. Of this before is it common for a company to use this low ball way of making someone quit. This has to due with my payroll being to high and I only have 4 guys thats with me included. It funny how you can work your way up to management. And along your way up you are given pay increase for the good. Job have done and then get put at a store. Where the service has been bad for many years and I have been turning. It around but with all the great cut this company makes. Service. has fallen down again. It. Hard when it only 1 Guy in the store for more then 4hrs by himself. Sorry i know this might not have anything. To do with my post but like i said i earned all of my pay raises and my family. Has suffered alot with me at this company i have lost some of my relationship with my son and my wife. Well i do thank you for listening and thank you for your answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">