• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Overtime as EMS in TX

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Reguile

So recently got hired on as an EMT in a small town. I'm part time.
Pretty much, a shift consists of 24 hours (full day.)
I was wondering are they obligated to pay me overtime if they scheduled me for a straight 72 hour shift? I know its OT if it passes 40hrs, but someone told me they did not pay overtime. Maybe they found some kind of loophole, I'm not too sure. Just seeking some advice, thank you all.

LdiJ

So recently got hired on as an EMT in a small town. I'm part time.
Pretty much, a shift consists of 24 hours (full day.)
I was wondering are they obligated to pay me overtime if they scheduled me for a straight 72 hour shift? I know its OT if it passes 40hrs, but someone told me they did not pay overtime. Maybe they found some kind of loophole, I'm not too sure. Just seeking some advice, thank you all.
Firefighters and EMTs generally have different rules for overtime. How many hours in that 24 hour shift do you normally end up actually working?

Reguile

It varies a great deal. We're supposed to remain at the station from 8-5 but we are on call for the whole shift.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">