• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity Leave Policies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Noobx04

I'm a male and I live in the state of Missouri. I recently received four weeks of paternity leave since my wife had our child. I work with a lesbian and her spouse is having a child. She would also get four weeks too. We also have an adoption policy that allows you to take two weeks of leave if you adopt a child. Since my coworker is lesbian she will legally have to adopt which gives her an extra two weeks. She now gets a total of 6 weeks. This doesnt seem fair since this type of situation only applies to lesbians, not gay males or straight married couples. Is this something I could file issue on since it isnt fair for all emoyees. Im afraid if it is and I discuss it with HR, they might let me go since they are very open about being diverse.

Silverplum

I'm a male and I live in the state of Missouri. I recently received four weeks of paternity leave since my wife had our child. I work with a lesbian and her spouse is having a child. She would also get four weeks too. We also have an adoption policy that allows you to take two weeks of leave if you adopt a child. Since my coworker is lesbian she will legally have to adopt which gives her an extra two weeks. She now gets a total of 6 weeks. This doesnt seem fair since this type of situation only applies to lesbians, not gay males or straight married couples. Is this something I could file issue on since it isnt fair for all emoyees. Im afraid if it is and I discuss it with HR, they might let me go since they are very open about being diverse.
Senior members should PM me first.

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
Edited out my response because apparently OP doesn't know how to behave himself.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Hmm, it will be interesting to see how the OP reacts on another thread where I responded to his response.

Shame for him, too, since I'm arguably one of the best qualified here to respond to his question and I'm not going to do it now. At least, not until I see for myself how he responds to being told, "You don't know what you're talking about; sit down and let the grownups talk".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">