• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pay Stub Detail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bill6250

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas. We recently converted to a payroll system that does not list the state or local name on the check stub for state and local income tax as part of their package. The basic description is SIT RES (resident) or SIT WK (work) for state income tax and CIT or SD for city and school district.

Do any of the states require a state code or abbreviation to indicate which state and locality is being deducted from the check. We file in 45 states. The state websites I have checked only indicate that deductions must be itemized but say nothing about the specific details of the description.

My concern is PA and MO where there are split zip codes or employees who may live outside the city limits with city addresses, i.e. St. Louis.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">