• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Code e

Is this legal

I have worked for this company for almost 2 years and found my overtime wasn't right and asked the owner he started that he hired me on at 4/10's. I was never told this and have been working 5/8's since I started. Also I was injured at work for being hit with a bolder and the owner took me to his dr and had first aid done and told me to take a few days off and then found out he used my sick time to pay me and then recouped the money from the company that hit me with the rock what are my options any help would help never been thru this. Thanks

quincy

Is this legal

I have worked for this company for almost 2 years and found my overtime wasn't right and asked the owner he started that he hired me on at 4/10's. I was never told this and have been working 5/8's since I started. Also I was injured at work for being hit with a bolder and the owner took me to his dr and had first aid done and told me to take a few days off and then found out he used my sick time to pay me and then recouped the money from the company that hit me with the rock what are my options any help would help never been thru this. Thanks
What is the name of your state?

quincy

In the third thread you started, you say that your state name is California.

You do not have to start several threads. The forum members can address all of your concerns in this single thread. Thank you.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
When you called the DLSE and asked them about any or all of this, what did they say?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If you are unable to resolve the issue with the owner the DLSE is the next step.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That doesn't make any difference. The DLSE is still your next step if you think your pay is incorrect.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You have two options:

1.) You can call the DLSE, describe your situation, and ask them if you are being paid correctly or

2.) You can not call the DLSE and let everything continue as it is.

A message board cannot tell you, for certain, with the information we have available to us, if your overtime is right or wrong. The DLSE can. Your choice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">