• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quarter Commission "winnings" and two week notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

matt78150

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? : Indiana

I am commission and salary at my current employer. If we hit certain numbers ($XXXX brought into the company before the Fiscal Quarter is over) we are paid out a lump sum based off what we brought into the company. This Quarter winnings are not based off a team effort but purely an individual. I have hit these numbers this quarter (passed them by far). The quarter is now over, and I want to put my two week notice in to start my new position. The issue is: they do not pay out the quarter check until the end of the month. Am I entitled to this money or would I be better waiting until the payout was sent to my bank account?

Also, I have accrued almost 80 hours of vacation. Am I entitled to this money? we are paid weekly for commission (along with the Quarterly check if we hit our numbers) should I expect my weekly commission with the two weeks of accrued vacation?

Thanks for the help,

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The answer to your first question depends on the terms of your commission statement. The answer to your second question depends on your company's policy.

Neither is determined by statute.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can call and ask, or you can not call and ask.

Your choice.

The answer is likely to be the same whether you do or don't.

matt78150

You can call and ask, or you can not call and ask.

Your choice.

The answer is likely to be the same whether you do or don't.
Hey I found it. What do you think?

Notice
The Company requires its employees to give at least two weeks written notice of resignation. The Company reserves the right to pay employees instead of requiring them to work the notice period. Employees who have signed non-compete agreements are required to reaffirm their obligation in accordance with the non-compete agreement to be eligible for notice pay.

Once an employee puts in their notice for separation, the employee forfeits the use of celebration and personal days. Use of vacation time during the notice period must be approved in advance by the employee's supervisor.

All terminated employees who have completed six months or more of service will be paid for their accrued but unused vacation irrespective of notice. There is no payment for unused personal days and celebration days, unless required by state law.
Employee Bonus Eligibility

All performance bonuses for eligible employees, if any, are within the sole discretion of the Company. Discretionary performance bonuses serve several purposes, including rewarding achievement and motivating employees to continue their employment through the date of conclusion of the performance and evaluation period. Discretionary performance bonuses are not earned until an employee has performed in a satisfactory manner throughout the entire performance and evaluation period and a bonus amount, if any, has been determined. Accordingly, if separated employees have part of their compensation associated with a discretionary performance bonus, they are eligible to earn and receive such bonus only if they are actively employed throughout the entire performance and evaluation period. Employees whose employment is separated prior to the end of a performance and evaluation period are not eligible for a discretionary performance bonus, because such bonuses are not determined or earned until the conclusion of the performance and evaluation period.

All bonus payments under any bonus plans require payment by March 15th following the end of the taxable year in which the bonus was deemed earned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">