• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quit my job 30+ days ago, final wages never received...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EyesonFire

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

Hello!
I quit my job 2/13/2015 at Border Foods Inc. (Taco Bell) I worked there for approximately a month when there was an outburst from the night shift manager where he trashed the food area and threw his drive thru head set because a customer wanted to pay with a $100 bill. I was six months pregnant at the time I suffer from PTSD and decided I could no longer work there. Upon quitting I was harrassed by the general manager (he called and texted several times) begging me to stay so they could "make it right" I said I wasn't interested in the position any longer and I was done.

No mention of pay for hours accrued, at the time I quit. They claimed they would over-night it and it would be mailed. I still haven't received it, Im curious if they actually have to pay me or because I quit am i exempt? I bought work shoes from their business and the uniforms we had to provide ourselves. Nothing needed to be returned.

eerelations

Don't know what you mean by "hours accrued" - if you mean hours you worked, then your recourse is to file an unpaid wages claim with your state or the federal DOL.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You are due any pay for time you actually worked. If you have not received it and you cannot resolve the issue with your employer, you can file a wage claim with the state wage and hour folk. The fact that you quit does not void your right to be paid for the work you did.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">