• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

retro pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thelioness

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
My current employer is known for not giving our yearly evaluations on time, during which time we would receive an increase in pay. I was wondering if this entitles me to retro pay for the laps in time from the date we were to have our evaluation to the date it takes place??

Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I was wondering if this entitles me to retro pay for the laps in time from the date we were to have our evaluation to the date it takes place??

Only if the employer chooses to provide it. Nothing in the law requires that you ever receive either an evaluation or a raise.*

*if minimum wage is raised by the appropriate legislative body and you are working for under the new minimum, you must be raised to the new minimum. There are NO other circumstances where a raise is EVER required by law and no circumstances at all where the law requires you receive an evaluation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">