• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Review Discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tarrafal

Well i being work for this company for 3 years. . I got final warning on safety my manager used against me on my review and i got no money.. i just find out that my supervisor got same warning for helping another employee how to fix timecart but the manager gave her 1% increased on review. .. this year another employee got final warning for threatening another work and got 2% increased more than me. 1.5%. I have prove i had a great year work hard all year around. I believe i was discriminated. What should i do.
Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Well i being work for this company for 3 years. . I got final warning on safety my manager used against me on my review and i got no money.. i just find out that my supervisor got same warning for helping another employee how to fix timecart but the manager gave her 1% increased on review. .. this year another employee got final warning for threatening another work and got 2% increased more than me. 1.5%. I have prove i had a great year work hard all year around. I believe i was discriminated. What should i do.
Thanks
What US state are you in?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
On the basis of what you have posted, there is no illegal discrimination. No Federal or MA law requires that you EVER get a raise unless minimum wage is raised by the appropriate legislative body AND you are working below the new minimum. Nor is there any Federal or MA law that says if one employee on final warning gets a raise all employees on final warning must get one.

Unless you have some valid and supportable evidence that you were not given a raise when other employees did BECAUSE OF your membership in a group protected by law (race, religion, national origin etc.), your only option is to improve your performance to the point where your employer is willing to give you an increase. Please note that it is not enough that the other employees BE in a different category than you are - the adverse treatment must be BECAUSE you are in a different category than they are.

Tarrafal

Thnks for info cbg. . One of the employee we are at same job level. However i being in the company for 2 years before him. My race has being misrepresent in so many ways there. . The same manager held 50 cents increased to another work for nearly a year(that increased are done when hired during probation period. Note he is great worker on time worker) . The only excuses that manager had" was ooh i forgot". Them e turn around gave him 1%. Increased after one year with company.
Another employee got injured 3 came with doctor note. They still used the absent against him" a great worker again " on review gave him less money. A Wife of manager from same dept got more $$ than him. Same job level. There are so many cristal clear inequalities. Discrimination base on race . That a fell like e-mail headquarters corporation tell. Any suggestions

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What EVIDENCE do you have that the perceived inequities are based on race?

Tarrafal

Job opportunities. Any job that will open the door for others position are close for minorities . I have degree on computer science recently . 3 position opened on inventory which i over qualify for it and i had some people to put words for me e-mail the manager but no reply back . That position was given to new employee from outside agency with no single understanding or qualification as professional . Another position in corporation open in I.T. i applied no respond back and they gave it to high school employee with zero knowledge in computer.'"Just for record she is a ok woman ".
Another big problem there is that about 40% employee does drug in my job area included supervisor probably manager also.
, and i believe it has play i big roll how job are distributed. Who will move up.
What u think i should do.
E-mail headquarters?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Based on the communication skills you have exhibited here, I can understand why others may have been promoted over you.

Tarrafal

Zigner explain in more details. Everything i post are true and i'm professional inside out And i believe thats reason why

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">