• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salaried employee getting paid inconsistently

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missamy

Sorry... my question showed up in preview then it didn't post, here or is....thank you...

Hi there I am a salaried employee in California but my paychecks don't come on the same day every two weeks they'll come every 17 or 18 days therefore I am paid less than twice in one month. This means that I am paid less monthly than my suppose it'd monthly salary is this legal? Thank you in advance for your time best regards

LdiJ

Sorry... my question showed up in preview then it didn't post, here or is....thank you...

Hi there I am a salaried employee in California but my paychecks don't come on the same day every two weeks they'll come every 17 or 18 days therefore I am paid less than twice in one month. This means that I am paid less monthly than my suppose it'd monthly salary is this legal? Thank you in advance for your time best regards
Do the checks specify a pay period? Is that pay period 14 days? Are the pay periods consecutive? I am trying to figure out of the employer is truly trying to cheat you out of pay, or is just running late in paying you.

missamy

Thank you for your reply 😆

I am supposed to be paid a monthly salary but the the pay is divided into two identical paychecks that I receive every other week. However, rather than getting paid on the same day every two weeks, I get paid every 17 or 18 days therefore I am getting my total monthly salary only every 34 to 36 days. Again thank you for your response I hope this clears up the issue if not please feel free to let me know and I will provide more specifics 😆

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thank you for your reply ��

I am supposed to be paid a monthly salary but the the pay is divided into two identical paychecks that I receive every other week. However, rather than getting paid on the same day every two weeks, I get paid every 17 or 18 days therefore I am getting my total monthly salary only every 34 to 36 days. Again thank you for your response I hope this clears up the issue if not please feel free to let me know and I will provide more specifics ��
You are getting paid bi-weekly, not bi-monthly. Here is a good explanation of the difference: http://smallbusiness.chron.com/biweekly-vs-bimonthly-paychecks-24145.html

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">