• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Salary/Draw

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vmanakin

What is the name of your state?
Office in FL-employee in inside sales makes a base salary and draw, qualified for commission. Other employees without draw make a base but are considered hourly. Does the employee's status change from hourly to salaried if there draw?

pattytx

Any employee can be paid on a salaried basis, but it has nothing to do with whether or not there is a draw. All inside employees do not need to be treated the same with respect to hourly-paid or salaried, but they all are nonexempt and, as such, must be paid at least minimum wage and, with some exceptions, overtime.

vmanakin

Thank you for your response. Would you be able to point me in the right direction of where I could locate some statutory or administrative language about this?

moburkes

Thank you for your response. Would you be able to point me in the right direction of where I could locate some statutory or administrative language about this?
You're looking for something to suggest that what you've described is legal. Most laws tell you what is ILLEGAL, not what is legal. You won't be able to find it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">