• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Severance pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Rudyramos

the company where i was working close down. the owners are ramada plaza hotels. I worked for them from 03/2004 to 01/2009 i like to know if i should recive any Severance pay they said no. I live in florida. please help.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Severance pay is not required by law in 47 states, including Florida, and only in limited circumstances in the other 3.

If you have a legally binding contract or CBA that guarantees you severance, the employer must honor that. If WARN applies AND you do not get the appropriate notice AND your situation does not fall under one of the many exceptions to WARN then you are due pay in lieu of notice. Otherwise it is entirely up to the employer whether to pay severance or not and if so, how much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">