• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I get paid that 15 mins ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

InsuranceGa

i work in GA and my boss requires us to be here at 845 but we can't clock in until 9. I am hourly not salary. If I am coming in that early I want to go ahead and start my work and clock in. He doesn't want us to clock in and said that we need to finish what we need to such as eat, do our make up or whatever to start. so I decided to start putting on my make up on during that 15 mins. Well now he's giving me hell. I get benefits like I was 40 but I don't get 40 hours a week. If I get there at 845 I wanna clock in and work. If I don't get to clock in I will do other things like my make up or organize my office. I'm not working off the clock.

justalayman

If they require you to be there at 8:45 then you start getting paid st 8:45

I suggest you use caution in approaching this though. If you push he can say fine, be at your work station ready to start at exactly 9:00 and would have every right to penalize you up to firing for not being at your work station and ready to work at 9:00.

If they won't allow you to clock in at 8:45 then he cannot control your activities until you do clock in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">