• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

On Site Storage Manager required to pay rent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mattisawesome

California question-
Hello I am a manager at storage facility in California.
I am required to live on site.. However, i am still required to pay rent of $650. I get paid minimum wage of $9.00 which means one of my checks is around $650)
That means one of my checks goes right back to the business I am working for. The problem is, I am forced, in order to do my job, to live on the property. I was just thinking isn't that like paying people during the great depression that currency that was only good at their shops? They are getting back money that I should be able to spend how I please. There is no separation from work and home but yet in order for the company to be able to say they have an on-site manager, I am required to pay?? I am confused. Something just doesn't sound right.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">