• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stopping my pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kal57

:mad: :confused: What is the name of your state?Minnesota
i have been out with medical problems. i have been getting paid until the weekof thanksgiving. my employer contacted me the following week and said that they have been trying to get a hold of me. we donot have an answering machine as it broke and it has not been our first priority to buy another one. they told me that they could acomadate me with some work and i asked if it was deskwork as that is what is written down on my doctors note if i return to work,they said no but they told me that they contacted my doctor and asked if i could use my left arm, doc said yes as long as it does notcause any pain to right side. i would not have any problem with that if i had not fallen on thanksgiving day and reinjurerd my arm and shoulder. i had to go to a different doctor as mine was sobooked up but i did contact them and they told me to go to my doctor in my home town( i was seeing a orthopedic doctor) now they are holding my pay as they say that they could not reach me to tell me that i had to come back to work and the doctor has put me on vicodin and has taken me off work and the insurance company has already approved me until Jan. 8 with full benefits but the factory that I work at ( which is a cheese factory) in my town is stopping my pay as they did not get a hold of me to tell me that they could find something for me to do that went along with the doctors restrictions and since they did not get a hold of me they decided to stop my medical sickpay without telling me. I am very confused...... . My husband works out there alsoso if it was so important to get a hold of me, why did they not tell my husband?. Can they stopmy pay for this as i donot understand. am i suppose to go to work taking this drug(vicodin) as it knocks me out and i feellike i am in lala land???????
Thank you -very confused in Minnesota and now my christmas is spoiled as i can not buy any christmas presents.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">