• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Timesheets being changed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

windybrendy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ohio

When I have worked additional time at the request of my employer, I have included this on my timesheets. But when my checkstub arrives the time does not match my copy, I am not being paid for all hours that I had worked. Can the employer change my time without notifcation? Also if we do extra runs, ie...taking a bus to the home office, which takes 40 to 45 minutes up and 40 to 45 minutes to get back, we are not being paid for the whole time worked but for only one hour, is this legal?

Last edited:

pattytx

Is your time being rounded or just missing time?

Are you paid by the hour or by the "run" (I'm assuming you are a bus driver)?

Are you a union member?

windybrendy

Yes, I am a bus driver and no the time is not being rounded, just missing. No we do not have a union, and this is not the first time it has happened. I have talked to my supervisor about it and she told me to include it on the next pay, which I did, but was still not paid for. I also told her that I went through all my paystubs since last year and there has been a total of 15 hours that I was not paid for, 10 hours in just one pay week, which I am sure I can not get back now since it was last year.
We are guaranteed a minimum of 6 hours a day paid at hourly rate and any extra work is at same hourly rate.

Thanks for time in responding to this situation.

Last edited:

pattytx

Contact the state Dept. of Labor regarding filing a claim for unpaid wages. They may refer you to the federal DOL, though. Feds will take a claim for up to 2 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">