• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unemployment voluntary quit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigbagzz

What is the name of your state? Pa
I recently filed an appeal for unemployment benefits that were initially denied due to voluntary quit. I was a loan officer at a mortgage company for about 6 months. When the market began to go upside down, a lot of lenders that we were using to loan money to our customers shut down, limiting our resources. The fact that I was driving over 60 miles per day and it was a commission only position, I did not find it feasible for me to continue to do this knowing I wasn't guaranteed any income and it would be harder for me to generate income due to the circumstances. The employer stated that I left for lunch and never returned so therefore I abanadoned my job. I based my appeal on the fact that the job was no longer originally as anticipated and my personal expenses began to exceed my income. I did request a base salary to try to circumvent for the lack of work available but that was not granted. Do I have a shot at winning this appeal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">