• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unpaid last week of salary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cell76

What is the name of your state?Pennsylvania
Approx. 6-7 months ago. A company I work for decided to merge with a larger company out of CT. We kept this PA office open and called ourselves "The PA Division of"...so and so company.
About 2 weeks ago, we decided to dissolve our relationship and go back to how it was before. This move was contractually ok as per a clause in the contracts stating that this relationship can be dissolved at anytime by either party for any reason.
Thats not the issue here...the issue is, myself and several other emplyees have not recieved our last paycheck as per our salary agreement.
I DO plan on filing a complaint with Labor Law compliance, however, I was just wondering, what IS the specific law/ code surrounding last paychecks.
Oh and also, even though the main/corporate office was in CT...they were licensed to do business in PA.
If their is a specific law surrounding this type of situation, thatd be great to have.
I want to first attempt to contact them via e-mail and remind them of our pay and site the specific law. If no remedy can be made this way, then I'll file a complaint.
I just dont want to take the hard road first because their really isnt any bad blood between the 2 business owners

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
43 PA Cons. Stat. Ann. 260.5 states that an employee in PA must receive their final paycheck no later than the next regular payroll after the last day of work.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">