• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wages.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robspa15

So I worked for this construction company as an Estimator remotely from a different state. I have a contract for an agreed amount to be paid weekly. The first three deposits went fine, except it was minus the first half weeks pay, then there was a gap. They claimed that they want to hold back a week and I agreed that would be fine. So when I got paid on the fifth week is was for two weeks previous pay and it was short paid.

The next check as for the half week and the short pay from the previous weeks pay. That being said I continued to work with the promise I would get all of my money the following week. Then came the we didn't get this paperwork in time so were waiting for a large payment from customers. (1.3 million) So I waited, and waited. Each week saying its just a technicality, please be patient we will pay you in full. (I have all the text and email backups for all of these conversations)

This had been 9 weeks and counting, now they are no longer answering my calls or returning emails or text messages. I know I have rights, and need to know how to proceed please.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
What is the name of your state?

There is a reason why we ask that. Your options vary depending on what state you are in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">