• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wages not paid on h1 and social secuirty taxes not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dustyfido

What is the name of your state? NY

I worked in this company in NY while on h1 from 2002 - 2005.
It was a product company and I needed to get my green card. while I was working there I got checks printed out but was told to cash them only every other month, since the product was being built and money was tight. I went along with it as I wanted to be part of a product being built from scratch and I wanted my green card.

I got my social security statement and I found out that no taxes were being paid for the entire period of my employment and the guy was taking money out of the company whenever he needed.

A few other partners and employees got fed up with this and I had my green card at that time they decided to split the company and gave me an offer and I took it.

It has been a year and a half since. I have signed checks from the guy and my social security statement that shows that no taxes were paid to the govt as well.

I don't have money to pay to a lawyer to pursue this case, but I have been looking for some one who would work pro bono on this.. is there any chance I would get any of that money back? all the checks that were not paid out that i hold were during the time I was on a H1..before I got my green card. and no social security taxes were paid for the entire period of my employement.

any advise on how best to proceed next? or is it even worth pursueing?

Beth3

You should file complaints with both the Federal Department of Labor and the Internal Revenue Service.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">