• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

weekend makeup and weekend premium

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pilgrim62

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Michigan
My employer requires us to make up weekends that we call in sick. The weekend is defined as Friday 7pm until Sunday 11:30pm. We are payed weekend premium for working these hours.
I called in on a Friday. I work from 3pm until 11:30pm. I know I am required to make up the weekdend hours, but since the weekend is not until 7pm Friday, should I be required to work the 4 hours from 7pm Friday or the full 8 hours.
Since 3-7pm is not part of the official weekend, should I have to make these hours up and if so then should myself and other employees be paid weekend premium for thei 3pm to 7pm shift.
My emplyoer states that I have to work the full 8 hours, if so should we be payed weekend premium for these hours before 7pm on Fridays-Thanks for any help

justalayman

the make up hours are a company policy so you have to do whatever they tell you to do. It is 100% up to them to determine what "making up weekend hours" entails.

as to the premium; there is no law requiring you be paid premium hours for weekends or any other time other than when working in excess of 40 hours per week. Due to that, whether you are paid premium hours is also a matter of company policy.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">