• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What should i do if they issue 1099

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

saisuresh

What is the name of your state?CA
Hello

I am on H1 B visa. Recently i did a small part time work for a small company, for which they paid me few bugs. I came to know that the company is going to generate 1099 for this on my name. This is going to be a big problem for me, since i am on H1 Status. So decided to return the money back to them and sent a check to them.

But i have few questions and concerns regarding this

1. Can a company issue a 1099 with out my SSN or my authorization.
2. What should i do if they issue a 1099.
3. Since i returned the money, what should i do if they don't accept the check.

I appreciate any sort of help regarding this.

Thank you in advance
sai :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Then it was illegal for you to be working for them. Your H1B visa ONLY authorizes you to work for the company that sponsored your visa. You are not authorized to work for any other employer in the US.

I'm going to have to think about this one for a while. Maybe someone else will have a response in the meantime.

S

saisuresh

Any suggesions regarding this
Thank you in advance
sai : :)

HomeGuru

saisuresh said:
What is the name of your state?CA
Hello

I am on H1 B visa. Recently i did a small part time work for a small company, for which they paid me few bugs.

**A: are you sure you are in America? What kind of bugs were you paid in?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">