• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

whole new can of worms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teasntam123

TENNESSE/KENTUCKY. Okay, Sunday I was informed that because I have not quit smoking I would be dropped from a group insurance plan where I work. Yesterday, I was told I would be dropped as of 4 p.m. today. I have contacted the insurance company and they say my employer cannot do this it is illegal. To make it worse, I asked my employer for proof of my residency in Kentucky since he provides me a house as part of my job. He doesn't want to do this because he has never registered anything in Kentucky. I work in Kentucky and have for more than 10 years. I need a statement from him saying he is cancelling the insurance and also one showing that I have lived there. I have property in Tennessee therefore, All of my identification is in Tennessee. Where do I start.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I guess the 28-post thread on the other board, where I and at least one other person have been pulling teeth for the last two days trying to get sufficient information to answer your questions, is unsatisfactory? :mad:

Last edited:

teasntam123

I am sorry, I am either not making myself understood or your answers are not clear enough. I feel I am caught between an rock and a hard place. I need insurance and I need my job. If I get dropped this afternoon I am considered uninsurable by all means of the insurance business because of the open heart surgery. If my employer will not give me the documentation, then I am left with finding a new job, to get insurance. I am sorry to have offended you. I am just searching for advice, did not know that I was trapped with only one web site that I can work with and look for information on.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Maybe you can understand that when you have been breaking your back to find answers for someone, it can be frustrating to say the least to have them blow those answers off and try to get other answers from someone else.

You've been told that you need to contact the insurance company, but you seem unwilling to do so. What more do you think someone else is going to be able to tell you?

teasntam123

insurance

The Insurance Company and the Department of Insurance were both contacted yesterday. They say it is not legal. Employer says it is gone as of 4pm today.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Yes, we understand that it's not legal. That's not news.

So what is it that you want us to do? What answers do you think we have that we're withholding from you? I can't stop your employer from cancelling the insurance. Just exactly what is it that you want us to tell you?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I think your expectations of what a free message board can do for you are highly inflated.

Here's my last advice to you; contact an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">