• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will i be paid for overtime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rajverma

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
this question is regarding wages.

My employer doesnt pay for overtime. whenever we take off we need to log and notify our employer. But when we enter timesheet at client location we put hours even though we were off on that day. when i ask my manager for the reason he said you work extra hours so you can log in timesheet even though you dont work. But employer doesnt pay those money to us. Will i be paid for extra hours.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I have no way of knowing what your employer will do.

Assuming that you are a non-exempt employee, you need to be paid for all hours that you actually work, and overtime if you work over 40 hours in a week. Where you work the time is more or less irrelevant.

rajverma

thanks for your quick reply. I didn't log my extra hours work anywhere. i have been with my employer from past 3 years and planning to resign by end of this month.

I am getting paid for 40 hrs per week as a fulltime employee. when we take vacation we are logging hours at client timesheets and employer is getting paid. reason client is accepting those hours even though i were off is because of our overtime work. My employer is showing on pay stub he is paying when we are on leave but actually he is getting pay from client.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
thanks for your quick reply. I didn't log my extra hours work anywhere. i have been with my employer from past 3 years and planning to resign by end of this month.

I am getting paid for 40 hrs per week as a fulltime employee. when we take vacation we are logging hours at client timesheets and employer is getting paid. reason client is accepting those hours even though i were off is because of our overtime work. My employer is showing on pay stub he is paying when we are on leave but actually he is getting pay from client.
You are entitled to overtime hours for hours you actually work. If you aren't working those hours, you aren't entitled to overtime pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">