• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work loss injury help needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olikolik

What is the name of your state?Ohio

On February 28, 2005 I was hurt at work. I was put on restricted duty until March 3 when I was completely taken off work. The company is a self insured co.

I was recievingworkers comp checks as normal , biweekly, until I was taken off duty. When I did not have a check the next week, I inquired of the law firm that represents my company on workers comp claims. They told me that they did not have the correct paperwork to process the pay from when I went from limited duty to temporary full disability. Long story short, they mailed the form, the doc filled em out, they got em back and I am wating for the check. Here is the problem.
I noticed that the pay they told me I was receiving was not right, and I found out that they had not paid me my last week and a half of restricted duty. I contacted them again and they said that they never recieved the info from my human resources clerk. She of course said she sent it, they say she did not.
Now I am about a month behind on pay due to this error. My mortgage is due as are all my other bills. My only option to get any money is to take a vacation week. So I ask for vacation week so I can get a check before my mortgage is due, because they cannot tell me when my workers comp check is coming. Now I find out that I lose all the workers com money for the week that I took vacation.
What is my recourse, if any, against the company? I am out the money that I would of gotten from workers comp because I had to sell a vacation week because human resources made an error that has prevented me from getting my pay for 3 weeks now.

I hope I have been able to describe the events with enough clarity.

Beth3

Yes, you did describe the sitaution clearly. Unfortunately, I think you are SOL. You did receive full compensation for the week in question (the vacation pay) so TTD benefits would not be paid. Yes, I also understand that you got a lousy deal here and only took the vacation week when your indemnity check was indefinitely delayed.

You can call your State's Worker's Compensation Division and lodge a complaint about how this matter was handled and your late WC check.

olikolik

Thanks for yor reply, I was worried it would be that way. I think I put this in the wrong area, maybe I should of put it in the workers comp area....sorry

Beth3

Not a problem. I do suggest you contact the WC Division though and lodge a complaint. At a minimum, the WC carrier/TPA has a limited amount of time to get out weekly indemnity checks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">