• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

X employer payroll mistake wants me to pay? Do i have to?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

billymoon

What is the name of your state?OregonMy former employer would pay me 150 dollars a week for 3 weeks of the month. Then the fourth week would pay me with a check through his accountant, and send it in the mail.
I told my employer i was going to quit working on the tenth of this month. (I am a nanny for a rich couple) the wife freaked out pushed me around words were exchanged. Two weeks later i recieved a check in the mail for 650 dollars and cashed it assuming the accountant knew what they doing. Two days later I recieved a phone call from my old employer saying the never intended to give me that money and would like it back. By that time I diden't have the money anymore. They said they are going to hand it over to their lawyers if i dont pay them their money back. They also said they paid me the cash for that week and want 800 dollars total. Am i screwed or they just trying to intimidate me. I asked him why he dident do a stop payment or just not send me a check two weeks later he said he realized too late. Thx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">