• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

10 yrs - only memories?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shooting star

What is the name of your state? MA
I lived with my boyfriend for 10 years. Shared everything, except my name was not on Mortgage or anything. I got along great with his family. When we first met Bill wrote out a will leaving all to his 6 brothers. I was to receive all his personal papers, objects de art etc. 10 years later Bill got sick, we did not think it was serious but he called all his family and his lawyer withen a couple months of his passing and told all of them that he wanted me to be the heir to his estate. He also told his lawyer that he now wanted me, instead of the lawyer, to be executor of his estate to distribute things as I saw fit. Unfortunately Bill passed away unexpectently before any of this could be put in writing. This same lawyer had handeled my request for alimony from my ex, a few years ago. He had advised Bill and I to take my name off the bank account. We did and now even though I deposited all my monies in this account it has been closed and the lawyer has control of it, approx $20,000.00. Even though myself and many others were witness to Bill's wishes and the family and lawyer agreeing to them, none of them are acknowledging it took place. If he had wanted me to have nothing I would just walk away but he was so adament in his wishes I hate not to at least try to see them through. He had the house, vehicles, pension, 401K, etc. Not a great deal but it would mean the difference of me being homeless and in debt or being comfortable. All of his family are VERY comfortable and don't need any of this. Bill passed away the middle of Feb. The lawyer just went to court last week to be named executor. He is not answering any calls or other correspondance. He also had Bills mailing address changed within 2 weeks of his death. I thought and the P.O. said that he had to be appointed executor by the court before this could happen. I am still living at the house. Do I have any grounds to fight for what Bill wanted? Thank you

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">