• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

AB Bypass Trust ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Phadamo

What is the name of your state? CALIF: My husband and I have an estate valued at appox 3million. We plan on establishing an AB Bypass trust. Naturally we want to avoid estate/gift tax to our hiers (2 daughters) How much will be tax free? Is it true that gift tax and or estate tax expires in 2011? I have heard this to be true but have also heard that for deaths after 2011, the exemption level is reinstated to 2002 levels and there will be gift/estate taxes. So confusing! Can someone straighten me out

Dandy Don

With an estate of this size, it's essential that you be discussing this with a certified financial planner or estate planner, and they can advise you about the tax consequences.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">