• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

About real or personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Booker

I was wondering about real and personal property. My gradfather has just passed and he left my uncle a house and land and then after he has wrote "and all the rest and remainder of my property, whether real or personal and wherever situate, and not specifically provided for herein above." Does that include cash? In the begining of the last will and testament he says something about some cash but not all of it. It also does not meation it again. If the cash does not go to my uncle, than where does this cash go? Thank you if you can help.

ALawyer

It sounds as if EVERYTHING not otherwise disposed of in the Will by a Special Gift or Bequest (that is something like "I leave $10,000 to Church of the X; $5000 to My College, and $200 to my nephew John) goes to the remainerman, your uncle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">