• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administrator Versus Executor??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Mildred Pierce

NYS= Can an Administrator sell propery etc?????Have gotten papers from court stating that my uncl and I have been appointed administrators, thought it was executors, lawyer seemed to infer this, now, as administrators what can we do??????How long(usually does it take to become Executors????? Thanks M.P.

ALawyer

As I recall, if there was a Will that named you you would be Executors; without a Will you are called Administrators.

Now as far as selling property, often you need court approval for certain sales. I don't know the current rules in NY and suggest that you hire a lawyer to assist you -- there are lots of reports that Administrators have to file with the Surrogate's Court at the very least.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">