• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

administrator's costs??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chattycathy454

personal representative's costs???

My mother died in Minnesota in the yr. 2000. I live out of state. About 800 miles away. The personal representative (he is my mother's STEP-grandson) charged my mother's estate 7,250.00 to settle the estate. the thing is, 3150.00 of it is for things like cleaning out the house and garage after my mother and her husband (he died about 5 months before my mother did) were moved into a nursing home where they lived for just a few months before their death. The estate was also charged by him for repairing the porch,preparing the house for insulation etc. My attorney says he had no right to do that and he thinks we have a case - I believe the word "fraud" was mentioned. Although I believe the charges were excessive to say the least, I don't see where we have any case at all. The personal representative, who is her husband's grandson, is an accountant, so you can be sure that on paper, her husband's estate was charged the same ammount. But in that case, the money would just stay in the family. I would really appreciate a second opinion. Sorry this is so long. Thank you for your time. By the way, the estate is not closed yet.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">