• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

adult child rights.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

putzer541

this would refer to pennsylvania law. my father passed away and was not living with his current wife, for the past 4 years. they were living in seperate houses. my father filed for divorce 2 years prior but it was never settled. there is a pension, savings, and medical and death benefits. but her name is the beneficiary. my father was affiliated with the carpenters combined union. and they say all that money goes to her and not to the estate. i think that is horrible. now she wants part of the estate too. she is allready getting close to ninety thous. i do have a lawyer but she says the law is not on our side. is there anything else we can do? please i need something to go on.

ALawyer

I do not know PA law and would ask another local lawyer for a second opinion.

If he had completed the divorce or had an agreement signed, this would not be as big a problem.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">