• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult Guardianship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

masada10

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I need to know how I find out whether my mother's cartaker has applied for legal guardianship or power of attorney? Also, how do I find out if a living will has been prepared for my mother?, and also, if the caretaker has taken out an insurance policy on my mother? It's very important that I get all of these questions answered as soon as possible. Thanks

Dandy Don

Check at the county courthouse to see if any information about the guardianship has been filed.

There is no place to check for the living will and the power of attorney, since those are private documents usually kept by the person or whomever they give power of attorney to. You might be wise to get power of attorney for yourself by getting your mother to sign one for you. Then you could check her bank account to see if she has named you as beneficiary on her bank account or if someone else has been making withdrawals using the power of attorney.

If you are willing to pay $89 for the search, there is a website called www.l-lifeinsurance.com that searches 200 of the top insurance companies in America to see if perhaps a policy was taken out on your mother.

DANDY DON

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">