• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice needed about signing with real esate for sale of parents estate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lamb888

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
My mom passed away last March. I have 3 older sisters, the oldest sister is the executrix.
We have tried selling the estate ourselves, but it isn't happening.
3 of us are in agreement to sign with a realator,(including the executrix) but one sister wants to wait for another year to do so! My mom left us with a sizable estate, 4 buildable lots, which we have to continue to pay property taxes on. We also have to continue to pay off the home equity loan that my mom took out.
Can someone please tell me if the sister that wants to wait, can stop the 3 of us from signing:confused:
She just doesn't want to let go of my parents properties, but the rest of us want and need to get on with our lives. We are waisting time and money.
Please help????What is the name of your state?

Dandy Don

Majority rules!! Go ahead with your plans. Maybe she'll change her tune when she finds out she will benefit financially.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">