• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

almost ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lfergherr

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
My mother passed away in January 2003. She had taken her own life. At one time I had seen her will, which was maybe a year and a half ago. now it is missing. My mother was going through a divorce with her second husband (Larry) and he had not lived there for a year. He had signed the divorce papers, but she had not because of her still being on his insurance. When she died she had just gotten new insurance that week. My mother had 20 properties plus her own home. None of which were in his name. He came with nothing. The problem is, He invited me to come to the house and take some things that I wanted, so I took some of her clothes, and mostly nick nacks. Under $ 200.00 in things. His sister was there and told him the things I took, but he didn't like it so he called the police. The police questioned me, but it never really went anywhere, but now he has his sister going around to the properties and telling them they need to pay her and moved into my mother's house. (Larry and I are the executors) I was doing fine getting their payments and putting them into the estate acount. Most of the people are very confused and so am I. I do not want her involved at all or living in my mother's house. She has been saying she is his power of attorney. What can I do to get her uninvolved??

Last edited:

JETX

Obviously, she is not going to respond to your request. You are going to need something stronger. I suggest you start by talking with a local attorney who can evaluate ALL of the facts and advise possible actions you can consider, including a cease and desist notice on her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">