• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Alxheimers/wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oiler1975

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? louisiana

Ok, I have a question, I have a older brother and sister, and younger sister, My parents are almost 80 years old now, They want to leave all of their money, house, etc to just two of us, my father who might have alzheimers and mother just saw a laywer in california and are getting a will or trust written up, is there any way that someone could challenge my parents wishes for an reason? child abuse? alzheimers?etc. I'm 55, and the rest of m sibblings are between 52-58.

anteater

is there any way that someone could challenge my parents wishes for an reason?
Yes. Anybody that would stand to inherit if there were no will or under a prior will, if there is one, can challenge a will/trust. It is their legal right. There is nothing that one can do that can absolutely prevent them. Whether there is any chance of success is another matter.

My advice is that the two children stay out of it as much as possible. Let the parents fully explain the situation and their wishes to the attorney and let the attorney handle things.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">