• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I able to receive inheritance early?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mtrx804

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas, but trust is set up in Florida.

As the question states is there any possible way to receive my inheritance early, as a fair amount of people in the united states are I have fallen on hard times due to loss of job and to tide me over untill I recieve employment is this an option?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas, but trust is set up in Florida.

As the question states is there any possible way to receive my inheritance early, as a fair amount of people in the united states are I have fallen on hard times due to loss of job and to tide me over untill I recieve employment is this an option?
Since, we are going to have to play dentist, we might as well start from the beginning. Is the person leaving you this money even dead yet?

nextwife

Is there a will? Has probate been filed? Creditors paid?

Is part of the estate real estate that needs to be sold?

mtrx804

Everything has been competed the only portion of the estate im entitled to is money all of the property has been left in the care of my aunt.

anteater

Alright, you mentioned a trust. That implies that there is a trust document and a trustee. When does the trust document say that you are to receive the funds left to you? And have you asked the trustee if it is possible to receive them early?

mtrx804

Haha correct i am 23 and i am required to be 25. I hav not asked the trustee yet but i was going to find out if it was even a possibility since it does state pretty clearly all the people reciving this would have to be 25.

anteater

It doesn't hurt to ask, but your chances are pretty slim. You would be asking the trustee to disregard the provisions of the trust - not a good thing for a trustee to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">