• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Am I Required to Reimburse My Ex-Wife For Expenses From Girl's UTMA Accounts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A Loving Father

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California
I am the father and custodian for my girls UTMA accounts which they just inherited from my grandfather.
I am aware that by being the custodian of their UTMA accounts, I have the duty/right to decide how funds are spent as long as it's for the benefit of my girls. I have spoken to my Trust attorney but not a divorce attorney.
I need to know whether I am legally required to reimburse my ex spouse(remarried) for any of her children expenses or just my expenses? I have been paying child support for 5years that is 50% above California State guidelines & I pay for medical insurance & education & most activities. So I would think that should cover any of her expenses.
Please let me know your thoughts as I have found no information about my situation.
Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">