• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Annuities

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tylor

My mother died 10/5/00 in New Jersey and I am in charge of the Estate. I live in Kauai,Hawaii.I have a few questions? One, if the house in N.J. was valued at a less than fair price can the house be appraised again? Two, There is an Annuity that was given to two other heirs but from what I understood when the Estate is taxed it is thrown into the total figure but when dispersed it remains in tact with no tax taken out? So in fact the Estate pays ( other heirs ) the tax and they get the full amount? I realise it gets taxed as income when taken out but why should the Estate pay the inheritance tax? Three, My Grandmother died 12/31/99 and her Estate is still being finished most of the assests have been dispersed but the question I had is simple if taxes were just payed and are still waiting to pay all her tax is there any loop hole to minimize the tax on my Moms Estate since it seems to be double taxed in a very short period of time. Four, Can I sell my moms car for a $100 to my brother even if it's blue book value is $5,000. Thanks so much for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">