• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is anybody going to answer my ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tinat

I posted an answer to advisor's question. It's under Notice to Crediters. Is anybody going to answer?

Thank you, Tina

A

advisor10

1-3-2001

It may be true what the newspaper told you about hardly anyone placing ads for proof of publication, but that doesn't mean it's a good reason for you not to, and their advice was also poor (not to mention the fact that they could have lost the income from your ad).

It would be smarter for you to go ahead and post an ad, so you could be 100% certain that no more creditors are out there, and you would be totally free to dispose of whatever assets are left in the estate without worrying if something else would crop up in the future.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Advisor, I think I see the problem here.

Our writer said she "went to the newspapers" with her request to place an ad (or Notice to Creditors). I think she took your fine advice much too literally.

What I believe is missing is that she needs to file a "Request and Order for Publication of Notice to Creditors" or form name that is similar. Once the Probate judge signs the order (which would have all the necessary information for the publication), then all our writer needs to do is mail the order and her check to the designated newspaper.

I have a feeling that she just appeared one day at the office of the newspaper and said something like, "I need to publish a Notice to Creditors in your newspaper", which garnered her current result from them.

IAAL

T

tinat

Thank you both very much for your advice.
I put the same question to the cashier in the county clerks office, (since she used to work in probate) and she said that if I was 100% sure there were no other creditors, then it was not absolutely nessesary to submit a notice. I do, however, understand the purpose for it. In my case, it would be a peace of mind issue and I may just do it for that reason. Even tho I am the PR, I still make sure my brothers and I agree on everything that is going on in this process, so now I will confer with them.

Again, thank you very much for the info,

Tina

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">