• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Anything I can do????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BlackSheep1966

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

My Mom recently passed away, she had will, and her house was set up transfer upon death.

years ago My brother was named to get the house and all in it, and the stock acct would be split 50/50 between my brother and I. then after my brother moved out of Moms house and stole around ten grand from Mom, she changed will, and changed the transfer on death to my name.
then apparently sometime last year (after my brother came back to live with mom) the will and transfer upon death was changed back to his name, and No one even bother to tell me anything about it till six months later.
and also the stock acct was closed and all the money was put into Moms checking acct a few months ago. SO my 50% of the stock is zero.

I am just wondering do I have any grounds to contest the transfer on death?

Also my brother has 20 years of unpaid child support from his two daughters out in California, can his ex wife take the house???
AM I just screwed all the way around?

Thanks.

anteater

I am just wondering do I have any grounds to contest the transfer on death?
The most that anybody on an internet message board can say is "You seem to have decent grounds to contest" or "It appears that you will have an uphill fight."

And that is if you provide some facts on which to state an opinion. Right now, you have not really said much except that the deed was changed. Do you have any information regarding the circumstances of that change?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">