• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

aprox. timeline on trust disbursment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

my_gypsygirl

What is the name of your state? I live in Florida, but the trust is in Hawaii.

I am the beneficiary of a revocable trust that became an irrevocable trust upon the death of my father...the lifetime beneficiary was his longtime girlfriend who has also now passed away. it is my understanding that the trust will now be closed and the monies will be paid to my sister and I. per the wording of the trust. My question is can anyone share with me the apprx. timeline for the closing and disbursement of these assests?

seniorjudge

Q: My question is can anyone share with me the apprx. timeline for the closing and disbursement of these assests?

A: What does the trust say about your questions?

my_gypsygirl

The trust doesnt answer my question. The administrator of the trust has said that once they recieve the death certificate of the lifetime benificiary, then they will begin the paperwork to begin closing the trust, and distributing .

I guess what i am asking is what is the average amount of time it takes to recieve my total disbursement. I have read that it is to be done in a timely manner, but i have learned this past year, than a timely manner when you are talking about law, can take forever.

this is just a general question, assuming that the trust is cut and dried, with no legal issues attatched to it. I realize that anything can slow it down, but i am just looking for an average or expected amount of time.

thank you

my_gypsygirl

:confused: I guess it is going to have to be, I am a little surprised, on a forum about trusts, that would be the answer, but thanks anyway.

moburkes

Then hold the trust documents up to the screen, along with the trustee's schedule for the next year, along with any/all information about all of the assets, and we can better assista you.

my_gypsygirl

Then hold the trust documents up to the screen, along with the trustee's schedule for the next year, along with any/all information about all of the assets, and we can better assista you.
ok, I cant figure out where i was rude, or where my question offended anyone, but your rude statement above is very offensive to me, Maybe, just maybe there is someone on this forum that will give me just a general idea, thats all i am asking for.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">