• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Aunt's will

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EGreen

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?TN
One of my mother's sisters passed away several years ago. She left all of her property to her and her husband's family. He is also deceased. Her will states the property is to be divided equally with the siblings who are living at her death. My mother and brother and two sisters received monies for their side. The last piece of property was given to one of the sisters for as long as she wished to stay there. If she left it was to be sold and divided with the heirs. She passed away last year. She and the youngest sister and one of the husband's sisters were the executors. She being the prime. After her death the balance of the property is for sale. My mother and her brother are both deceased. My aunt, last living on our side, seems to be under the impression she is to keep all the money from the sale of the property from our side. My aunt the prime executor asked me to help with the property, if she passed away before her sister, as it belonged to us as well. This is also the way I read the will. We don't want a family arguement. What is our best approach? I have told my aunt she needs to have an attorney assist her with the will.

S

seniorjudge

"...I have told my aunt she needs to have an attorney assist her with the will...."

You were wise to give her this correct information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">